Paula's Grandchild

Today I organised another shoot. This time I was focusing on Paula's Grandchild, Grace who has just turned two. I thought this could probably be the most difficult shoot so far because of the 'terrible twos' and I wasn't entirely sure how she would behave and react around me.

At first she was incredibly shy and said 'I don't want my photo taken'. Therefore, I had to switch to plan B. This was to take a few pictures of the dogs, whilst waiting for Grace to become a little more comfortable around me, before I tried again. For this shoot, I made sure I was prepared with props (bubbles) to help keep Grace entertained because she appeared to get easily distracted and bored. 

I was hoping to get some nice shoots of her in the garden as it was a lovely day outside. The most difficult part to this shoot was trying to get her to stay still and stay in the same place. For example, here are some photographs of Grace (and the dogs) that are lovely, but where the background does seems to detract from the picturesque feeling I had in mind:



Although Paula has a pretty sofa, I feel the pattern on it does distract the audience's eye away from the dogs.

...................



I accidentally cropped off half of Bonnie's paw (the combination of me zooming in too much whilst she was moving) otherwise this would have been a perfect action shot. 

.......................









Although Grace looks adorable in these images, I do worry that the background in some of these aren't very aesthetically pleasing.


..................






It's a shame we head to bribe her with a lolly to cooperate for some of the final images otherwise these two images would have been beautiful, especially because they are so natural.


..........................




I think if I can photo-shop the balls and everything else out of the background, these pictures of the dogs will look much better.


...........................................................


So apart form a few background issues, I did manage to get some cracking shots of the little one :')

Here are a few of my favourites below:












I'm not sure if this is my best photo shoot to date, however, I believe the experience is definitely helping me be more confident in becoming a better photographer.

Comments

Popular Posts