First Ever Baby Shoot



So today I did my first ever baby shoot. Even though I was rather nervous to begin with (and at the start of every shoot it appears) I absolutely loved doing this. In any photo-shoot there were some minor obstacles I had to face, but nothing major that we weren't able to overcome.

I'm starting to feel quite proud of myself now I'm finally getting my motivated and back into the swings of things again! Although we are in the middle of August now, I'm still going to try and do as many shoots as I possibly can for a) experience, b) to fill up my research and development book and c) to have fun. I find doing photo shoots extremely rewarding, not just for the possible prospects of earning money but actually making people happy with their photographs.

Whilst work is a little quiet on the overtime front (due to the school holidays) I thought his would be the perfect opportunity to do all of the above I have just mentioned. Currently, I haven't really given the future much thought and decided maybe it was a time to start.

Recently, I have taken a lot of Fashion shoots and feel most comfortable with this style of work. However, I thought whilst I have time on my hands I should step out of my comfort zone and do things I haven't done before. For example, I have just undertaken my first ever animal shoot; I am currently still organising a perfume advertisement (poster), and I was hoping to try and take pictures for a wedding and a baby shoot. Sadly, I don't know anyone getting married any time soon, so I thought the baby shoot would be the best idea to go with. Luckily, one of my friends Jess has had a baby this year, who is now 4 months old and is called Oscar. She recently moved into her first ever house and would love some pictures of her family on the walls to brighten up the place. As usual, it was a bit of a last minute plan once, however, I always find these are the best-made plans.

When I arrived to take the pictures, Oscar was rather miserable because he hadn't had his afternoon nap. So we tried to take pictures of him in this tired state, but it was pretty successful. Therefore, we decided to give him a half an hour power nap to hopefully cheer him up. Fortunately, the plan worked and I was able to get some of him looking inquisitive and laughing too :) Here are a few of my favourite pictures from today.















Comments

Popular Posts