First Shoot Since The Crash

It's been a tough couple of months, to say the least, but I am slowly but surely getting there. Although I haven't fully recovered yet, I want to try and get myself back out there again, as soon as possible. 

Someone posted in the DMU fashion, model and photography page, saying they need a last minute photographer to help them with their contour fashion catwalk. I haven't done anything like this since the London Fashion Weekend (September 2015), so I was a little apprehensive to volunteer. However, it didn't appear that anyone could help and I wanted to prove to myself that the accident couldn't stop me from doing what I love best.


In the end, I decided to help and it was a great experience. Even though my hand was a little slow to respond at times, I felt I did well considering the circumstances. I was annoyed that some of the photographs didn't come out as good as I hoped and expected, however, I tried my best.


If I had more time to prepare for this shoot, I would have either rented out some lighting equipment to brighten up the dark space that I was given to shoot, or I would move to another part of the room where there was more natural light available. This would have saved me having to wait for my flash to warm up and in theory capture better photographs. Nevertheless, I should be proud of myself for taking up such a challenging task, especially with my arm in its current state.


Here are a few of my favourites photographs that I took on the day.









Comments

Popular Posts