Favourite Images

Below are my favourite images that I captured during my time in Wirksworth. Although the weekend was over quickly, I felt like I learnt a lot from the experience, especially with Paul Hill's talks, briefs and advice. 

One of our first tasks during our stay was to try and capture images that were based on the idea of Framing and Vantage Point. I had luckily undertaken this particular brief before during one of my modules earlier on in the year, so I knew what I needed to achieve. Rather than just looking for objects framed by a door or something, I decided to go down the route of different compositions, such as rule of thirds, as I felt it made my photographs look more edgy and visually appealing.

Due to the fact it was raining rather heavily outside, it did put me off staying out for very long, so I only got a couple of images that I was happy with. Due to the fact, I believe everything looks better in black and white, I have edited the majority in monochrome.



Here are some of my Framing/Vantage Point Images:








...............................................................


These are some pictures I also like and think could fit into this category.





........................................................


Light Images:
Our next brief was to capture light within our pictures. I found this one a bit more difficult in comparison to the previous task. Although I had several ideas to capture shadows and reflections, the weather wasn't the best and I was lucky to capture these pictures below. I'm not sure if was because we only had a certain amount of time to complete the task, but I didn't find myself very inspired for this particular one. Nevertheless here are the pictures I felt best fitted this criteria:



.......................................................................

Time Images:
Our last task of the day was to try and capture time. Personally, I thought this would be the most diffucly to capture, but I actually discovered this sparked a lot of creativity. Unfortunately, not all of my pictures turned out as good as they could have, however, hopefully you can still get where I was trying to go with these images below. Paul Hill showed us pictures of when he revisited places in different seasons to demonstrate the passing of time. Due to the fact we had about an hour for this task, we had to improvise a bit. some of the images I was hoping to capture were bird flying in the sky, a before and after shot, the church clock times passing by (I forgot to take the picture going up the hill - so only managed to get the one half an your later). Additionally, I had also hoped to go to the pub and show a before and after us a full pint to an empty one, but apparently it was too early to start drinking - so thats why I didn't manage to capture that particular image. However, I still believe I managed to capture some aspects of time doing these photographs below:








.....................................................

I wasn't entirely sure if these pictures below really fitted into a particular category, however, there are some of my favourites I managed to capture during my time in the Peak District.








Comments

Popular Posts